How To Use Your Laptop As A Wi-Fi Hotspot (Mac)
The ability of one to be able to use his/her laptops internet on other devices such as their phones and tablets is arguably everyone’s dream. For people with Windows Operating system, the whole process has been made easy thanks to Connectify, an application that can be downloaded online. For people with OS X the whole process is completely different and in this article I will be showing you how to go about it.
1. Open up System Preferences > Sharing > check Internet Sharing on the left.
2. On your right, expand the drop-down menu which is located next to Share your connection from: then select the connection you want to share. You can be able to share Internet connections from Wi-Fi, Ethernet, iPhone USB, or even Bluetooth.
If you are using wired internet connection MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac Pro then you should select Ethernet. If you are using a MacBook Air with an external Ethernet adapter then you should select Thunderbolt Ethernet or USB Ethernet.
3. Below that, you should see a box which is next to “To computers using”: here check the box which is next to Wi-Fi.
4. Proceed by clicking the Wi-Fi Options button which is below the box then pick a Network Name as well as Security Type and enter the password twice in fields named Password and Verify. Once done click okay.
5. You will be able to see a green icon as well as text internet sharing on under System Preferences if your connection has become active.